Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- NBP Governor Glapinski mentioned in a video conference today that he was not surprised by the jump in CPI inflation in April (+4.3%) and sees core and headline inflation gradually slowing down in the second half of this year.
- Glapinski does not doubt that the NBP will act if needed if the inflation risk intensifies.
- The NBP will also first end its QE program before starting to raise rates.
- Glapinski confirmed that there will be no rate hikes until mid-2022.
- Despite the sharp contraction in GDP in the first quarter, the MPC is not discussing interest rate cuts.
- Glapinski does not see the need for FX interventions.
- USDPLN continues to trend lower following the drop after the NFP release (the pair broke below its 3.77 support line today); next level to watch on the downside stands at 3.70.