Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
DOLLAR-YEN: News that Democrat Jones had won the Senate election triggered
modest dollar weakness across the board overnight. Usd/Jpy touched lows of
Y113.13 but soon recovered to hold either side of Y113.35 for the balance of the
session. Initial resistance is seen at Y113.58 from the Asia high, a break opens
Y113.75/77 (Dec12 high, 1.618% swing Y113.09-111.99).
* Busy on the US calendar today with CPI kicking off at 1330GMT. CPI is expected
to rise 0.4% in November following a 0.1% rise in October.
* The main event of the day at 1900GMT is the FOMC Rate Announcement. The FOMC
are widely expected to hike rates 25bp, though markets expect their tone to be
* Rounding off the day at 1930GMT Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen will give a
press conference, in Washington.
* Option-expiries today: Y111.00($915mn), Y112.00($512mn), Y112.12($320mn),
Y112.25 ($290mn), Y112.45-50($1.62bn), Y112.68-70($421mn), Y113.00($415mn),
Y113.50 ($1.41bn), Y114.00($965mn), Y115.00($1.41bn), Y115.50($520mn),