Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Little in the way of a bid evident in T-Notes, despite continued pressure on the e-mini space in early Asia-Pac trade, with the contract last trading -0-02 at 139-23.
- This comes after the curve bull flattened on Thursday, although the curve and Tsys in general finished off of their respective extremes. The weakness evident in the equity space (outlined elsewhere), Fed buying ops and a block buy in TYZ0 all provided support after the latest round of weekly jobless claims data wasn't as bad as feared (albeit still sitting at very elevated in historical terms, while the release was subject to new statistical methodology for the first time).
- Elsewhere, it is worth reflagging the Global Times piece which noted that "China may gradually reduce its holdings of US Treasury bonds to about $800 billion from the current level of more than $1 trillion, as the ballooning US federal deficit increases default risks and the Trump administration continues its blistering attack on China, experts said."
- Eurodollar futures last sit unchanged to -1.0 through the reds.
- There are no tier one data releases slated for release during the final Asia-Pac session of the week, with participants set to eye broader headline and market flows (particularly surrounding the equity space), ahead of the release of the latest NFP report in NY hours.