Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
SWEDEN: Nordea have changed their call and now expect the Riksbank to stay on
hold throughout 2019.
- Our new forecast is that the Riksbank will keep the repo rate unchanged at
-0.25% during 2019. The Riksbank will hike rates once in mid-2020 to 0.0%. The
repo rate will thus be 0.0% in December 2020. Our previous forecast was rate
hikes in December 2019 and in July 2020, leaving the repo rate at +0.25% by
year-end 2020, in line with Nordea's previous forecast on the ECB.
- The reason for the change is due to Nordea's new forecast on the ECB.
- We keep our long-held view that the Riksbank will not see any domestic reasons
to hike rates the coming years as inflation will be too low and GDP growth will
slow. Instead, we expect the Riksbank to track the ECB. Low rates will support
the economy, in particular the housing market, but rather reducing downside
risks than warranting any upward revision of forecasts.