Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Local yields have risen today following a surprise beat in CPI readings. Despite a flurry of economists reinforcing their views that policy will remain unchanged for the near-term, the shift higher in the camara curve has been picking up steam.
- The 1-year peso/camara swap yield rose 6bps to 0.56%, its biggest increase since Sep. 6. A similar move in the 2 year contract saw the swap rate rise to the highest level since April 2020, rising above 0.9%. This represents a near 25 basis point rise since January 31st.
- Deutsche Bank noted Jan. CPI does not reflect permanent shocks or pressures on the demand side, therefore unlikely to change the Central Bank's stance.
- Santander added higher CPI due to liquidity shocks; wide capacity gaps to predominate once this effect disappears.