Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
NZD/USD round tripped from its intraday peak at $0.7203 on Monday even as bullish momentum was building in the Asia-Pac session after the kiwi shook off initial weakness linked to soft Chinese PMI data. Topside impetus dwindled later in the day amid broader demand for the greenback. The rate finished the day in negative territory, but failed to stage an attack at its 50-DMA.
- The pair has edged higher and last deals at $0.7165, 7 pips better off. A break above Jan 29 high of $0.7226 would open up Jan 26 high of $0.7248. On the flip side, losses past the 50-DMA at $0.7133 would turn focus to Jan 28/18 lows of $0.7106/0.7096.
- Statistics NZ released Q4 property transfer statistics, with home transfers surging 31% Y/Y in the last quarter of 2020, the most since the series began in 2015.
- New Zealand's CoreLogic House Price Index comes out today, labour market data will grab attention tomorrow, while building permits & ANZ Business Confidence hits the wires on Thursday.
- In addition, an update on New Zealand's Covid-19 situation is due at 13:00 local time.
- Worth reminding that the results of the latest GDT auction will be published online in the London afternoon.
- The RBA's MonPol decision across the ditch will provide some interest today.