Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
GERMANY APR ZEW ECONOMIC SENTIMENT +70.7; MAR +76.6
GERMANY APR CURRENT CONDITIONS -48.8; MAR -61.0
- ZEW Expectations fell by 5.9pt to 70.7 in Apr, in contrast to markets expectations of an uptick (BBG: 79.0)
- This marks the first decline after four consecutive months of gains and the lowest reading since Jan, nevertheless expectations remain at a very high level
- The ZEW Current Conditions rose markedly, up 12.2pt to -48.8, which is significantly better than anticipated (BBG: -55) and the highest level since Mar 2020.
- Nevertheless, the the current conditions index remains in deep negative territory, hence the divergence between the expectations and the current situation persists.
- Financial market experts are concerned about a stricter lockdown which led to a decrease in expectations for private consumption says ZEW President Achim Wambach.
- "Nevertheless, the outlook for exports is better than in the previous month", Wambach added.
- EZ economic sentiment dropped by 7.7pt to 66.3 in Apr, while current conditions edged up by 4.3pt to -65.5.
- Inflation expectations for the EZ declined 5.5pt to 75.1, although the indicator still signals rising inflation over the next 6 months.