Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- SA records 19,842 new cases of Covid-19 & 36 deaths overnight. SA’s 7-day rolling average has now overtaken the peak of the first wave at 13k – reaching 13,493 yesterday.
- Although hospitalisations are climbing, the number of patients on ventilators & in ICU remains low. Health Experts said they do not expect a material tightening in lockdown restrictions, however
- Energy expert Mike Russouw calls for Eskom to shut 5 plants to reduce the impact of load-shedding as Eskom lacks the resources to maintain the existing fleet.
- Highlights Arnot, Camden, Grootvlei, Hendrina & Komati as plants to shut as they only contribute 13% of SA’s energy capacity and resources would be better allocated to newer more efficient plants
- Transnet CEO says the state-owned firm’s financial position may only start to improve in late 2022 with vandalism and the recent cyber attack still weighing on the company’s performance with a FY21 R8.4bn loss on the cards. This is its first loss in years and is the only SOE that funds its own operation capital.
- Notes the company will need to retrench 10% of its workforce and warns that government’s localisation push may drive prices higher over the medium-term