Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A quiet overnight session for Treasuries well within Thursday's ranges as we gear up for the April employment report at 0830ET.
- In the only overnight event of real note, Jun 10-Yr futures (TY) briefly hit session lows in sympathy w Bunds around 0830ET as ECB's Kazaks floated possibility of a slowdown in bond purchases in April. Last down 2.5/32 at 132-19 (L: 132-17.5 / H: 132-21.5).
- The 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at 0.1567%, 5-Yr is up 0.2bps at 0.8062%, 10-Yr is up 0.8bps at 1.5771%, and 30-Yr is up 0.5bps at 2.2471%.
- NFPs seen +1mn in April in BBG survey (+1.1mn in MNI Dealer Median), with the unemp rate falling to 5.8% from 6.0% prior.
- In other potential D.C. intrigue today, Pres Biden will discuss the April jobs report at 1130ET, with Treas Sec Yellen doing a press briefing at 1230ET.
- We also get wholesale inventories/trade sales data at 1000ET, and Mar consumer credit at 1500ET.
- Richmond Fed's Barkin appears at 0900ET.
- No supply or NY Fed operational purchases.