Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Chile - USDCLP was unable to close the rate-hike induced gap yesterday to 774.15, which remains the focus on the topside. Further dollar weakness following the US employment data may bolster the case for a deeper retracement towards 753.10, the Aug 2 low.
- Colombia - Alejandro Gaviria, who headed Colombia's Ministry of Health (MINSALUD) between 2012 and 2018, last week announced his intention to participate in next year's presidential elections. (GBI NEWS)
- Peru - As expected Moody's took negative rating action on Peruvian banks following sovereign downgrade. USDPEN gapped higher from the open yesterday to trade back above 4.10, slowly edging towards the all time low for the Sol at 4.1251.
- For reference, the BCRP will meet next week where some analysts are calling for further hikes following the reference rate being raised to 0.5% last month.
- Argentina - 4pm local time: Argentina labour ministry publishes June jobs report and July survey of employers.
- Venezuela - Negotiations between the Venezuelan government and the nation's opposition will resume in Mexico City.