Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Political parties enter the final week of campaigning ahead of local general elections on 1 Nov. ANC says it aims to target 11m voters to offset concerns of low voter turnout.
- ANC, DA & EFF are making a final push with big rallies set for this week across the country. Recent poll shows Rampahosa with a commanding support base of 55.6% vs EFF's Malema at 25.2% & DA's Seteenhuisen at 14.5%
- Ramaphosa says all councillors charged with corruption will be subjected to the ANC's step aside rule in a weekend address in Limpopo.
- Says the days of laziness and dividing the ANC are over and this is the only way to correct the ANC
- Suspended ANC SG Magahsule set to face his pre-trial hearing on Wednesday as he faces money laundering, fraud and corruption charges.
- Last week Magahsule mounted two challenges, calling for the oversight charges to be scrapped from the indictment and contesting the bulk of the NPA's evidence
- Eskom set to resume load-shedding on Monday & Tuesday night in order to replenish emergency reserves according to Eskom following the loss of Koeberg unit 1 on Sunday as a result of a fault on a feedwater pump.
- Eskom assured there are no safety concerns on the nuclear reactor side of the plant. Kriel & Hendrina stations still have one unit down in addition to Koeberg