March 01, 2023 15:30 GMT
Poll Shows AMLO Disapproval Rating Highest Since Inauguration
- President AMLO’s disapproval reached 46% in February, the highest since the beginning of his term, according to an El Financiero poll published Wednesday. (BBG)
- Approval rate stood at 54% in February, without variations compared to the previous month.
- The majority of those polled have a negative opinion regarding the management of the economy, with 51% disapproving despite the favorable opinion going up from 31% to 34% in the last month.
- For reference, general elections are scheduled to be held in Mexico in July 2024. Though the vote remains far off and AMLO cannot be re-elected, the growing divide between the president’s Morena party and the opposition has become notable in recent weeks. The electoral reform legislation passed last week stands to reduce the funding for the country’s electoral regulator, known as INE.
- The Morning Consult Global Leaders approval tracker is shown below: