April 01, 2022 20:13 GMT
New quarter underway with FI markets extending jobs-data lows, June 30Y bond futures through early Wed lows to 147-29 (-2-05), 30YY taps 2.5416 high before grinding higher around midmorning.
- Short end back to pricing in more aggressive/multiple 50bp rate hikes for year (216bp by year end vs. 220bp on Monday). Broad-based inversions vs. 10s: yield curves bear flattened -- 2s10s slipped to -8.135 low, 5s10s slips to -18.522 low.
- TYM2 currently at 122-07 (-21), above key resistance of 120-30+ Low Mar 28 and the bear trigger where a break would confirm a continuation of the downtrend and would open the 120-00 handle.
- Decent jobs data (431k vs. 490k est but Fed up-revision of 95k and unemployment rate drop to 3.6%) initially underpinned stocks with SPX eminis to 4502.0 second half low.
- Stock indexes traded mixed after the FI close, off midday lows to near middle of the session range. S&P eminis trading +4.75 at 4535.5, ESM2 well above key support of 4440.90 50-day EMA.
- Cross asset update, crude see-sawed in weaker territory (WTI -$0.88 (-0.88%) at $99.37; Gold -$14.34 (-0.74%) at $1923.42.
- Limited data next week, FOMC minutes release on Wednesday.
- The 2-Yr yield is up 12.2bps at 2.4564%, 5-Yr is up 10.7bps at 2.5671%, 10-Yr is up 5.5bps at 2.3932%, and 30-Yr is down 0.6bps at 2.4416%.