Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Weaker Dollar Lifts Major Prices With Gold Through Key Resistance
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
US$ Credit Supply Pipeline
Positive start to the week triggered by Covid and Brexit news
Risk has been on the front foot in the European morning session with core fixed income all moving lower while Treasuries have moved through Friday's lows already.
- There has been more positive vaccine news this morning with the AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine showing efficacy at 70%. This is someway off the circa 95% efficacy achieved by the mRNA vaccines of Pfizer and Moderna but the AZ/ Oxford vaccine is based on a more conventional technology of a mutated chimpanzee virus. This means it is easy to transport at refrigerated temperatures and a number of vaccines have already been promised to the less developed world at cost pricing - so this is still a positive for the world as a whole. And with vaccine production limited globally, another effective vaccine is still a good thing.
- We have also had some positive Brexit murmurings in the press over the weekend, so hope for a deal is a bit higher today than it was Friday. This has helped to see gilts underperform Treasuries.
- PMI data this morning beat expectations in the UK but has been more mixed across Europe with concerns about the labour market.
- There are a number of speakers later today with four MPC members including Bailey testifying before the Treasury Select Committee and also speeches from the ECB's Schnabel and Fed's Barkin, Daly and Evans.
- TY1 futures are down -0-5 today at 138-11 with 10y UST yields up 2.5bp at 0.850% and 2y yields up 0.3bp at 0.162%.
- Bund futures are down -0.04 today at 175.49 with 10y Bund yields up 0.1bp at -0.583% and Schatz yields down -0.2bp at -0.762%.
- Gilt futures are down -0.18 today at 135.02 with 10y yields up 1.5bp at 0.315% and 2y yields up 0.4bp at -0.43%.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.