Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- The Peso is holding onto gains and TIIE swap rates are seen lower (between 5-11 bps) with the curve bull flattening. The Mexbol, as it's known, was up 0.7% at 8:35 a.m. local time.
- "It's a powerful reversal," said Carlos Bravo Regidor, a political analyst and professor at the Center for Economic Research and Teaching in Mexico City.
- In particular, the results will make it more difficult for Obrador to advance his flagship plan to return Mexico's energy sector to state control.
- Despite the president's enduring popularity, especially among the poor, the results appear to show the limits of his popular mandate to change the nation under a bold program of reforms he has billed Mexico's "Fourth Transformation." (New York Times)