Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Covid cases continue to gradually decrease with the 7D SMA of daily new cases dropping below 1,100 (and down from 12,300 from its early March highs). As a result, The Czech Republic continues to ease pandemic restrictions as lower grades of primary schools resume full in-class learning and restaurants reopen outdoor seating areas.
- Czech Cabinet approved 200bn CZK National Recovery Plan for drawing funds from the EU Recovery fund; investments are planned in greener models of transport, healthcare, high-speed internet networks and new pre-school care facilities.
- Yesterday, economic data showed that Czech April industrial rose by 4.6% YoY, more than the 4.2% expected and up from 3.3% the previous year.
- CNB prepares for a tightening cycle with the first hike priced in for August (+25bps), followed by another 25bps hike in November; some sell-side institutions actually expect three hikes in H2. Hence, the expected rise in the policy rate has increased demand for the CZK, which trades at multi-year highs against the major crosses.