November 11, 2022 15:15 GMT
President Biden Due To Deliver COP27 Speech Shortly
HomepagePolitical Market NewsPolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange News
President Biden is shortly due to deliver a speech at the COP27 climate summit in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.
- Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXWb9d4rm4
- According to the White House, Biden "will announce new initiatives to strengthen U.S. leadership tackling the climate crisis and galvanize global action and commitments."
- According to the White House, those initiatives are entitled: "Bolstering Global Climate Resilience, Accelerating Global Climate Action, Catalyzing Investment at The Scale Required to Tackle the Climate Crisis, and Engaging All of Society in Tackling the Climate Crisis."
- Biden will be the only leader from a “top emitter” to attend the summit, with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Russian President Vladimir Putin declining to attend.
- Biden is also expected to tout the climate provisions within the Congress-passed Inflation Reduction Act.
- White House statement previewing Biden's speech: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statement...