March 10, 2023 18:44 GMT
President Boric Announces Key Cabinet Changes
- Chile’s President Gabriel Boric has reshuffled his cabinet following his key tax reform bill getting rejected earlier this week, a major blow to the administration.
- Boric has appointed Alberto Van Klaveren as Foreign Relations minister, replacing Antonia Urrejola.
- Van Klaveren is a diplomat who has represented Chile in the International Court of Justice and was ambassador before the European Union during the former presidency of Ricardo Lagos. (BBG)
- Jessica Lopez, who was president of the state-owned Banco Estado, was appointed as the new minister of Public Works.
- The President also changed the ministers for sport, culture and science.