Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EU COMMISSION: President-Designate Ursula von der Leyen has delivered her
opening statement in the European Parliament (EP) plenary session in which MEPs
will vote on VDL's 'College of Commissioners'.
- Already a minor blow for the prospective Commission, with the co-leader of the
Greens group Ska Keller stating her group will abstain in the vote for the
- Abstention could cause issues going forward, with Greens a growing force in
German politics and a large bloc in the Green EP group. Abstention on VDL plays
into image of Greens as activists, not serious about governing.
- Extreme left and right groups - the European United Left-Nordic Green Left,
and Identity and Democracy - are likely to vote against the Commission.
- Even with votes against and abstentions, the VDL Commission is set to be
approved given that it has support from the centre-right European People's
Party, centre-left Socialists and Democrats, and centrist Renew Europe groups,
which combined hold a majority in EP.
- Commission set to take office on 1 Dec.