Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Jose Antonio Kast expanded his team of economic advisers, including one from a center-right rival he beat in Sunday's election, as he seeks to broaden his business credentials ahead of the runoff next month.
- Key policy goals such as lowering taxes will be done "in accordance with reality," Kast said in a press conference. Foreign investors must go back to seeing Chile as a responsible country with a promising future, he said on Thursday. (Bloomberg)
- The team includes:
- Sebastian Claro, former Central Bank board member
- Jose Luis Daza, founder and CIO of QFR Capital Management
- Sylvia Eyzaguirre, researcher at think tank CEP
- Patricio Rojas, economist and former adviser to candidate Sebastian Sichel
- Cecilia Cifuentes, professor at Universidad de Los Andes
- Soledad Arellano, professor at UAI
- Eduardo Guerrero, economic adviser to Kast in the first round
- Claudio Lucarelli, professor at Wharton