February 05, 2023 21:17 GMT
Pressured In Early Trade
NZD/USD prints at $0.6313, ~0.3% in trading this morning.
- A bid in USD/JPY, as Nikkei reports that the Japanese Govt approached Amamiya the BoJ Deputy Governor about succeeding Kuroda as the head of the central bank, has spilled over into broader USD strength.
- NZD/USD has been pressured this morning in thin liquidity, support has come in ahead of $0.63.
- On Friday NZD/USD was offered in the wake of stronger than expected NFP print in the US. The pair broke out of recent ranges, clearing resistance at its 20-day EMA and closing below its 50-day EMA.
- Bears next target the 200-Day EMA at $0.6292. Bulls first target 50-day EMA at $0.6339.
- Liquidity will be impacted today as domestic markets are closed due to the Waitangi Day holiday.