Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FED: - Q: You discussed external headwinds now easier, how is domestic outlook
- A: Consumer spending stronger, broader economic fundamentals strong in support
of consumer spending. And business investment should be positive. Re impact of
trade deals, resolution of uncertainty would be positive for business sentiment.
We have heard from business contacts that uncertainty is a concern if you import
- Q: Talk more about transitory factors weighing down on inflation?
- A: Don't mean to diminish concerns about too-low inflation, but good reason to
think that transitory factors at play. Portfolio management services which
decline with a lag when asset prices decline, so should reverse. Apparel prices
(change in methodology), airfare services. We won't know until we see but reason
to think those are transient and will turn around. Trimmed mean measures didn't
go down at all. We will be watching carefully. Points to cell phone service
price decline in 2017 as example of Fed being vindicated on seeing that as