Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Ramaphosa set to face the state capture commission again today and likely face questioning regarding the CR17 funding campaign.
- As noted yesterday, Ramaphosa said he was unaware of many illicit goings on within the ANC during his tenure at Deputy president – and only held back from resigning in order to clean up the party from the top by becoming president
- Suspended ANC SG Magashule accuses the NPA of delaying tactics to keep him from leading the ANC after his trial money laundering trial was postponed to 19 October – also saying he oozes confidence because he will win and expose this as a political trial
- Eskom CEO De Ruyter says Medupi repairs could cost R2bn and take two years to complete with 700MW being taken from the system at a time when the grid is already vulnerable.
- This contrasts substantially with cost estimates of R20-40bn from energy expert Ted Blom
- SA records 7,502 new cases of Covid-19, 573 deaths as the country crosses 10% of its vaccination target for the year.
- Health Dept says it aims to inoculate 35-40m citizens by year-end. The target of 300,000 vaccination per day is still illusive however with only 175,000 being administered yesterday