Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- Ramaphosa says he will step aside if charged with corruption
- Relates to alleged vote buying in the CR17 election campaign leading to a supposed conflict of interest
- State capture enquiry also heard former Eskom CEO accuse Ramaphosa of irregular awarding of contracts to Eskom during his tenure as Deputy President-
- Ramaphosa denied any conflict of interest, as he had exited all business interests at that time - saying he would testify to clarify this
- This is unlikely to result in full-blown corruption charges, and is more of an attempt to undermine him to support the likes of Ace Magashule
- but doesn't bode well for his anti-corruption stance