Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
NZD/USD rallied Monday as easing inflationary concerns dragged the greenback lower across the board, while the kiwi caught a bid on the back of recovery in BBG Commodity Index. That being said, the prior daily high remained intact.
- The RBNZ confirmed that the Term Lending Facility will close on Jul 28, after the completion of the final scheduled facility window.
- New Zealand's Foreign Min Mahuta told the Guardian that exporters should diversify to weather a potential "storm" of anger from China, amid deteriorating Sino-Western relations. The piece noted that China accounts for almost a third of New Zealand's exports.
- Focus on the data front moves to trade balance (Wednesday) & ANZ Consumer Confidence Friday). In addition, on Wednesday, the RBNZ will deliver the latest MPS.
- With NZD/USD sitting +6 pips at $0.7216, bulls look for a break above May 18 high of $0.7271, which would open up May 10/Mar 2 highs of $0.7305/07. On the flip side, a move through May 19 low of $0.7152 would draw attention to the 50-DMA/May 13 low at $0.7142/35.