Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
USD/JPY ebbed lower yesterday, as broader greenback sales applied pressure to the pair. It extended its losing streak to three consecutive days, probing the water below Aug 6 trough at Y105.30.
- Japan's coronavirus situation remains closely watched, with officials concerned about upticks in serious cases in Tokyo and Osaka.
- Former BoJ member Kazuo Momma told BBG that the BoJ should show more flexibility in ETF purchases or consider skipping them now.
- USD/JPY trades at Y105.35, a touch below neutral levels. A move through the lower 1.0% 10-DMA envelope at Y105.05 would clear the way to the 76.4% retracement of the Jul 31 - Aug 13 rally at Y104.86. Bulls look for a rebound above Aug 17 high of Y106.68 would draw attention to Aug 13 high of Y107.05.
- Japanese trade balance and core machine orders are due shortly. National CPI and flash Jibun Bank PMIs will be published on Friday.