Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Long end support completely evaporated by midmorning, Bonds leading sale to new session lows on wide ranges and heavy volumes (TYU already 2M), yld curves bear steepen after Mon's sharp bull flattening. Current 10YY at 1.2169% after falling to 1.1260% earlier (early Feb level), 30YY currently 1.8745% vs. 1.7781% low.
- Trading desks report prop and fast$ accts sold 5-10s early, steepeners in 2s and 5s vs.10 and 30s, real$ selling 30s, deal-tied selling in shorts to intermediates. Some long end buying from dealers in 30s more recently.
- Early bid: desks cited familiar risk-off drivers (virus variant spd, geo-political, peak growth/inflation in rear-view). Bonds gained after Housing Starts come out stronger than expected (1.643M vs 1.590M) while Building Permits come out weaker than expected (1.598M vs. 1.696M) - down 5.1%/month.
- Eurodollar futures: Huge selling in lead quarterly EDU1 futures: over 130,000 EDU1 sold down to 99.855-.85, small print at 99.845 (-0.020) in early trade.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 2.4bps at 0.1915%, 5-Yr is down 3.1bps at 0.6738%, 10-Yr is up 1.8bps at 1.2069%, and 30-Yr is up 4.8bps at 1.8675%.