Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STOCKS: Risk sentiment took a hit from the uncertainty caused by the Italian
elections, alongside tougher trade rhetoric out of the US.
- The softer risk backdrop & stronger JPY weighed on the Nikkei 225 which last
traded 0.7% lower, with exporting names falling afoul of the stronger currency.
- Hong Kong & Chinese indices traded higher in early dealing as China's National
People's Congress got underway, however, the removal of language around upside
potential for growth in this year's statement pushed the space lower, as it
added weight to financials & stocks related to the property sector. The Hang
Seng last traded 1.3% lower while the CSI 300 was 0.1% lower at the lunchbreak.
- The ASX 200 traded 0.5% lower, as utilities & materials names weighed.
- US index futures also fell, with the mini S&P 500 12 points lower, and the
mini Dow shedding nearly 100 points.