Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/RUB trades -0.21% lower this morning, tracking early weakness in the BBDXY and gains in both oil and natural gas markets.
- The cross rose +0.19% in the lead-up to the FOMC minutes, with Putin making some key remarks on energy market stability and openness to talks with NATO and the EU on military and energy sector cooperation.
- On the oil front, Brent shrugged off a larger than expected API inventories build at 5.2m bbls vs 700k exp to focus on expectations for higher demand on substitution effects from sky high natgas prices – which failed to moderate, despite promises of more supply from Putin.
- Another sustained rise in weekly CPI has also bolstered expectations for a potentially larger +50bp hike at the next CBR meeting, despite Nabiullina's claims of "more standard size steps" at the prior meeting with markets pricing in +75bp of hikes in over a 3-6m horizon.
- On the international front, the focus shifts to US PPI from the FOMC minutes which (as expected) pointed to a November taper but fell short of clarifying a rates lift-off date which markets have priced in around September 2022.
- Intraday Sup1: 71.6864, Sup2: 71.557, Res1: 72.0654, Res2: 72.2705