Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Yesterday, the NBH decided to raise the 1W deposit rate to 2.9% (vs. 2.6% exp), up from 2.50% the previous week.
- The 1W deposit rate now stands 80bps over the policy rate (2.1%).
- The market reacted positively to that announcement, with the HUF appreciating against all the major crosses yesterday.
- However, the bull HUF consolidation seems to have been short-lived due to the worsening Covid outlook.
- EURHUF retraced sharply higher this morning after finding support at 365 yesterday; resistance to watch on the topside stands at 370, followed by 372. On the downside, next support to watch below 365 stands at 361.50 (50DMA).
- Hungary 10Y yield continues to retrace lower this morning; next key support to watch on the downside stands at 4%. On the topside, resistance to watch stands at 4.58%.