Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US DATA: Sept retail sales +0.1% vs +0.6% expected by analysts and +0.4%
expected by markets, while ex-mtr veh -0.1% vs +0.4% expected, with
gains in motor vehicles lifting up the headline numbers. Aug sales were unrev.
- Vehicle sales +0.8% in line with expectations for a solid gain by
analysts as autos damaged by Hurricane Florence were replaced.
- Gas station sales -0.8%, while sales would have been +0.2% ex. gas.
Looking deeper, Sept sales ex. mtr veh and gas were flat and +0.5%
ex auto, bldg mat, gas and food services, suggesting underlying growth
is mixed after a soft Aug report.
- Building materials sales +0.1%, while food services -1.8%, clothing
sales +0.5%, and department stores -0.8%.
- Third quarter retail sales were +5.1% vs the second quarter average at
an annual rate. Ex. mtr veh, retail sales were +6.4% SAAR and were +4.8%
ex. autos, bldg materials, gas, and food services.