October 05, 2022 10:52 GMT
- Inflation data for September is expected to rise above 11% Y/y with the data due for release at 1200BST/0700ET:
- September CPI Y/y, est. 11.29%, prior 10.84%; M/m est. 0.75%, prior 1.02%
- Citi noted this morning that inflation should remain relatively high in its September figure, as activity continues to show solid momentum. They expect CPI to remain above the 11% level through the rest of 2022.
- Finance minister Jose Antonio Ocampo spoke to reporters after meeting with lawmakers, according to an audio sent by his press office.
- Tax revenue is forecast at 22 trillion pesos ($4.9 billion) in 2023 and it will increase gradually over the coming years boosted by the fight against tax evasion. Lawmakers are expected to discuss the bill and vote on it on Thursday.
- Tax bill eliminates an earlier plan to impose levies on oil and coal exports. Current proposal doesn’t allow companies to deduct royalty payments from corporate taxes and adds a surcharge of 10%, 7.5%, and 5% on oil and coal companies over the next three years, respectively. (Bloomberg)