Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
A slight degree of divergence crept in during Asia-Pac hours, with e-minis ticking lower on the back of the well-documented U.S. fiscal issues, as President Trump pushed for more substantial stimulus checks for individuals (he is looking for $2,000 per person vs. the $600 per person that was seen in the Bill that recently passed through Congress). E-minis have recovered from worst levels, with questions re: the timeliness of the fiscal support at the fore i.e. a case of when, not if, support will come.
- Meanwhile, the major Asia-Pac indices edged higher.
- The PBoC continues to add liquidity to the system to account for the upcoming calendar new year.
- There was little else in the way of meaningful macro headline flow.
- Nikkei 225 +0.4%, Hang Seng +0.4%, CSI 300 +1.0%, ASX 200 +0.5%.
- S&P 500 futures -5, DJIA futures -27, NASDAQ 100 futures -12.