Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- SocGen notes that recent data has been better than the Bank had expected in May but as the furlough scheme rolls off there is growing "strong evidence of the massive increase in unemployment that, unfortunately, we expect, is unlikely to manifest itself until well into 4Q".
- SocGen expects the MPC is "likely to sit pat…and delay that discussion until the next MPR meeting in November" with a unanimous vote for no change in policy.
- On forecast presentation: "It is possible, but by no means certain, that the Bank might even follow many other central banks) and the OBR's lead with a set of scenarios."
- On the ELB review: "There may be some reference to the continuing review of negative interest rate policy. That is likely to be completed by the November meeting."