Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
SPAIN MAR IND PRD +0.4% M/M, +12.4% Y/Y; FEB -0.1% M/M
- Spanish IP rebounded to 0.4%, slightly short of market expectations of a 0.5% uptick.
- Feb's reading was revised down to -0.1% from 0.0% reported previously.
- Annual production surged to 12.4% in Mar, reflecting base effects due to the sharp decline at the beginning of the crisis.
- Mar's uptick was led by a 1.1% increase in consumer non-durable goods output, followed by durable consumer goods output rising by 0.7% on a monthly basis.
- Intermediate goods output edged up 0.4% in Mar, while energy output was flat.
- Capital goods production saw the only decline among the main categories, falling by 0.4% in Mar.
- The clothing and textile industries saw the largest monthly gains, rising by 19.9% and 13.6%, respectively.
- On the other hand, tobacco production recorded the larges drop, down 11.7% m/m.