Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
A steady start for Bonds ahead of a risk events filled week (Brexit, Fed, BoE)
- Brexit continues to dominate, with trade talks extended and set to continue from today, with no new set deadline.
- Bund are trading in the red, while peripherals outperforms somewhat, and Italy leads 2.3bps tighter against the German 10yr.
- Gilts are down 54 ticks at the time of typing, translating in a wider 3.1bps spread versus Germany.
- The street views the extension of Brexit talks as positive, pushing GBP higher and Gilts lower.
- US Treasuries have traded in line with EGBs, also helped by overnight news, that a bipartisan group will unveil a $908bn relief bill today. Although, there's no guaranty that it will be passed by congress.
- Looking ahead, we have no tier 1 data and speakers are scheduled for today.
- Gilt futures are down -0.35 today at 136.40 with 10y yields up 4.8bp at 0.219% and 2y yields up 3.8bp at -0.84%.
- Bund futures are down -0.23 today at 178.45 with 10y Bund yields up 1.3bp at -0.625% and Schatz yields up 0.8bp at -0.781%.
- BTP futures are up 0.11 today at 152.15 with 10y yields down -1.2bp at 0.545% and 2y yields down -0.9bp at -0.454%
- OAT futures are down -0.12 today at 168.37 with 10y yields up 0.5bp at -0.379% and 2y yields down -0.1bp at -0.733%
- TY1 futures are down -0-5 today at 138-11 with Bund futures down -0.23 at 178.45 and Gilt futures down -0.35 at 136.40.