Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Stocks traded solidly throughout the Thursday session, with European and US indices uniformly higher at the close. The S&P 500 reached another milestone in touching a fresh intraday record at 4271.20.
- The tech sector led gains, helping buoy strength in the NASDAQ, which outperformed both the S&P and the Dow Jones Industrial Average. All sectors traded higher with the exception of real estate and utilities, which sunk into the close.
- Across Europe, peripheral European markets outperformed, with Italian and Spanish indices finishing with gains of over 1.3% apiece. The UK's FTSE-100 lagged slightly, but still managed to close with gains of 0.5%.
- Steady and orderly gains in stocks placed more pressure on the VIX, which cleared at a new post-pandemic low of 14.2 points.