Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- RES 4: 1.3421 High Sep 30 and primary resistance
- RES 3: 1.3341 High Oct 7 and a reversal trigger
- RES 2: 1.3260/68 50-day EMA / High Oct 7
- RES 1: 1.3259 High Oct 15
- PRICE: 1.3173 @ 10:56 BST Oct 20
- SUP 1: 1.3143 Low Oct 15
- SUP 2: 1.3099 Low Oct 13 and the bear trigger
- SUP 3: 1.3095 76.4% retracement of the Sep 1 - 30 rally
- SUP 4: 1.3038 Low Sep 2
The USDCAD short-term outlook remains bullish with recent gains signalling scope for a stronger corrective bounce. The pair breached the 20-day EMA last week paving the way for move towards the 50-day EMA that intersects at 1.3260. A clear breach of the 50 EMA would strengthen a bullish case. On the downside, initial support lies at 1.3143, Oct 15 low. A move through this level would undermine the recent recovery.