Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USDMXN maintains a softer tone.
- A bearish theme follows last week's clear break of trendline support drawn off the Jan 21 low, highlighting scope for a deeper pullback.
- The pair has also cleared the Mar 18 low of 20.2829 - a former key support level. The breach strengthens a bearish argument and exposes the 20.00 handle.
- On the upside, resistance is seen at 20.4974, Apr 1 high.
- The USDBRL outlook remains bullish, however this theme continues to be threatened. The pair has traded below trendline support drawn off the Dec 14 low - the trendline intersects at 5.6160 today. A clear break of the line would signal a potentially stronger reversal and expose support at 5.4499. Key resistance is unchanged at 5.8064, Mar 29 high.
- USDCLP is softer and still trading below resistance at 743.10, Mar 8 high. Support at 713.97, Mar 22 low has been probed. A clear break is required to reinstate a bearish threat and open 699.19, Feb 24 low. On the upside, a move above 743.10, Mar 8 high would highlight a bullish development and expose 751.20, Jan 13 high.