Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USDMXN outlook is bearish and attention is on support at 19.7197, May 18 low. Key resistance has been defined at 20.3270, May 4 high. A bearish theme follows the sell-off since Mar 8 and a price sequence of lower lows and lower highs dominates. An extension lower would strengthen the bearish case and open 19.5494, the Jan 21 low and a primary support.
- USDBRL maintains a bearish tone and recent gains are considered corrective. The break in mid-April of trendline support drawn off the Dec 14, 2020 low followed by a bearish triangle breakout highlights a bearish theme. 5.2145, 76.4% retracement of the Dec - Mar rally, has recently held but remains exposed. A clear break would open 5.1210, the Jan 4 low.
- A firm near-term resistance is at 5.4837, May 4 high.
- USDCLP is sharply higher today as it extends the strong recovery from 690.32, May 10 low.
- The climb exposed the next area of resistance between 740.22, Mar 29 high and 743.10, Mar 8 high.
- Clearance of these two levels would open 751.20, Jan 13 high and a key resistance.
- Support is seen at 719.38, yesterday's low.