Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- In FX, EURGBP is weaker and has cleared a key support between 0.8867 and 0.8861, marking the Nov 23 and Nov 11 lows. This paves the way for a move towards 0.8800 and 0.8784.
- EURUSD is seen maintaining a bearish short-term theme. Support levels to watch are:
- 1.2054, Jan 18 low where a break would open 1.2011, Sep 1 high.
- Resistance is at 1.2171 20-day EM
- USDJPY attention remains on key resistance at 104.13, the bear channel top drawn off the Mar 24 high. A break would highlight a reversal. 104.40, Nov 11 high is the bull trigger.
- Watch support too at 103.53 too, Jan 13 low. A break would represent a bearish development.
- A bullish engulfing candle in EURJPY yesterday highlights a possible bullish reversal and perhaps a signal of Yen weakness near-term.
- On the commodity front, Gold remains vulnerable despite this week's recovery. Watch support at $1804.7, Monday's low and resistance at $1869.9, the 50-day EMA. Oil contracts have held above support. Brent (H1) support to watch is at $53.75, the 20-day EMA and WTI (G1) support lies at $51.50, Jan 11 low.
- In the FI space:
- Bunds (H1) are off recent highs but the outlook is bullish. Support is at 176.96, 61.8% of the Jan 12 - 14 rally.
- Gilts (H1) resistance is seen at 134.58/66, the 20- and 50-day EMAs. A bearish outlook dominates while activity remains below these EMA levels.