Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The baht is unfazed by a solid beat in Thailand's M'fing Production Index, which rose 4.12% Y/Y in March, even as BBG consensus forecast was a 0.40% decline. The previous month's reading was revised to -1.35% from -1.08%.
- The index rose by the most since 2018 and snapped a 23-month losing streak, owing to global economic recovery & low base effect.
- Capacity utilisation rose to 69.59, the highest level in a year, after registering at 65.06 in February.
- Spot USD/THB last seen +0.012 at THB31.390.
Fig. 1: Thailand M'fing Production Index Y/Y vs. Thailand GDP Y/Y
Source: MNI - Market News/Bloomberg