Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR: The dollar outperformed post ECB yesterday, EUR traded under $1.12 for
the first time since June 2017, while the DXY rallied to highs of 97.71.
- JPY outperformed overnight amid the backdrop of risk averse markets with sharp
falls seen in Chinese equities. USDJPY took out the 100 & 200-dma's with the
downtrend extending through Y111.00. EURJPY has seen a +200 pip fall post ECB to
- Having stalled at the Dec 14 high (97.71) yesterday, the DXY has witnessed a
minor retracement toward 97.40. A topside break opens the Jun 20 2017 high at
97.87, expect protection behind on approach to the 98 level (97.98 - 61.8%
- Gold touched pullbacks lows of $1280.94 yesterday, but has since rallied +$8
to $1293.52. Topside focus turns to the 55 & 50-dma's at $1299.92/1302.69.
- Oil futures hold toward the lower end of their respective 30 pip ranges.
- Main focus today on the US jobs report (1230GMT), housing starts & building
permits also due. The US unemployment rate for January was 4% and the MNI median
suggests a slight decrease to 3.9%.