Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
FOREX: The DXY edged lower in Asia-Pacific hours, although it remained > 90.00.
- The JPY continues to benefit from the release of US President Trump's tariff
plans. USDJPY trades at 106.10 last (with Japanese domestic bids in front of the
figure cleared out in a brief but limited foray below 106.00).
- AUDNZD has reportedly been pressured by fund selling in an attempt to trigger
a barrier option at 1.0650 (1.0660 last), which capped the AUD.
- NZD has garnered support from the aforementioned AUDNZD flow, with the NZDUSD
now printing 25 pips or so higher at 0.7275.
- The EURUSD has edged higher, at 1.2280 last, Friday sees a number of notable
EURUSD FX options rolling off at the 10AM NY cut: $1.2000(E772mln),
$1.2120(E1.74bln), $1.2150(E3.35bln), $1.2200-10(E857mln), $1.2250(E2.98bln),
$1.2300(E962mln). There is potential for EUR position squaring heading in to the
weekend with the Italian elections and the results from Germany's SPD party vote
on the Grand Coalition both due on Sunday.
- GBP has stuck to a tight range in front of PM May's speech, while CAD traders
will focus on the domestic GDP release due later today.