Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: The Gilt rally has accelerated after UK Brexit Secretary Dominic
Raab resigned, as PM May`s withdrawal plan faces rising headwinds.
- The Dec 18 Gilt future is up 86 ticks at 122.68 (high was 122.80).
- The 2-Yr yield is down 7.6bps at 0.711%, 5-Yr is down 9.6bps at 0.971%, 10-Yr
is down 9bps at 1.416%, and 30-Yr is down 4.4bps at 1.939%.
- Short Sterling is stronger across the strip, up 10-11 ticks from Sep 20 on.
- With Raab`s surprise announcement, attention will be on other potential
resignations from Parliament, and a possible Conservative leadership contest.
- PM May expected to provide a statement in parliament at 1030GMT.
- Markets are well within their rights to ignore data this morning, but at
0930GMT UK Retail Sales data is released, with a 0.2% m/m rise forecast.
- At 1030GMT the UK DMO auction Stg2.0bln of the 20-year benchmark 1.75% Sept-37
Gilt which currently trades at a yield of 1.901%.