Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
JGBS: The long end of the JGB curve continued to add pressure to the space on
Tuesday as markets returned from the long holiday weekend. Participants appeared
sensitive to the BOJ's Friday adjustment to its 25+ Year Rinban operations, with
Wednesday's 40-Year JGB supply promoting additional concession. 40-Year JGB
yields rose by 2.7bp (according to TradeWeb).
- The BOJ left the size of its Rinban operations unchanged Tuesday, with the
offer to cover ratios available below:
- 5-10 Year: 1.96 (prev. 2.50)
- JGBis: 5.89 (prev. 5.02)
- JGB futures flirted with Friday's session low (150.00), but failed to generate
a sustained break below the figure. Any such break would open up a move to the
August 03 low (149.95), with bears looking to the recent cycle low (149.75).
- BOJ Governor Kuroda offered little fresh insight into the Japanese
economy/monetary policy in a speech he made late in the day.
- As mentioned, 40-Year JGB supply dominates the domestic docket today, and
could have implications for the global bond space.