Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
STOCKS: The major Asia-Pacific equity indices breathed a sigh of relief after
the temporary trade Truce agreed by Trump & Xi over the weekend, with an extra
kicker coming in the form of the impromptu meeting between Trump & North Korean
leader Kim at the DMZ, which resulted in the re-opening of denuclearisation
talks with North Korea. The proof will be in the pudding re: both issues, with
the trade truce viewed as a bit of can kick by many.
- The tech space led the rally with Chinese indices outperforming, although
liquidity was limited by a market holiday in Hong Kong.
- Nikkei 225 +1.8%, Hang Seng closed, CSI 300 +2.6%, ASX 200 +0.5%.
- S&P 500 futures +25, DJIA futures +203, NASDAQ 100 futures +94.