Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: There was a dip in the German Bund contract at the open but it has
picked up and is on the steady rise.
- Buying flows developed quickly in the front month Euribor contract that saw
27k purchased. The buying did meet some sellers in the euribors but the risk-off
trade quickly developed as the equity markets turned south.
- On the data front French Industrial production number came in on the soft side
of consensus at 2.6% Y/Y from a revised 3.1%
- Italian and Spanish bonds are all well bid today, recovering from some
underperformance yesterday. We heard that mutual funds were active sellers
yesterday and that they are in no hurry to buy yet. There is also some BTP
10-30Y flattener trade interest, which we heard from three separate sources.
- At present, French debt is underperforming but the flows are said to be very
- The 10Y Bund yield was 0.4bp lower today at 0.425%. The important Bund level
is 163.99 (yesterday's and a 6 week high).