Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
European Central Bank Market News
Based in Frankfurt, Germany, the European Central Bank (ECB), sets monetary policy and supervisory regimes for the 19 countries that make up the euro area economy. It is one of seven institutions created by the Treaty on European Union. The ECB's primary mandate is to maintain price stability, defined as a symmetrical target of 2% over the medium-term. Policy is decided every six weeks at a meeting of the ECB Governing Council, comprising national central bank governors from each member state, plus the six-member Executive Board. All 27 members of the European Union are represented at regular meetings of the General Council. Christine Lagarde succeeded Mario Draghi as the ECB's fourth president since it was established in 1998, and it's first female leader. Her eight-year non-renewable term of office began on November 1, 2019.
- Exclusive "Sources" stories covering the ECB.
- Exclusive Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with ECB Governing Council Members.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.