Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FED (Federal Reserve) Market News
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) is the monetary policymaking body of the Federal Reserve System (the Fed). The Federal Reserve is the world's most powerful and market-moving central bank. Its policies set the tone for economic developments in the United States and globally that have a direct impact on fixed-income, currency and equity markets. The FOMC formulates monetary policy to promote stable prices and economic growth. It does this by setting a target for the federal funds rate, the interest rate that banks charge one another for short-term loans. In simple terms, the FOMC manages the nation's money supply. Ahead of each Fed meeting, MNI publishes a comprehensive preview and following the meeting a review.
- Exclusive "Sources" stories covering the Federal Reserve.
- Exclusive Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with top central bankers and key policy makers.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
- MNI's Instant Answers: MNI provides a fast data feed service to some of the world's top algorithmic trading clients. The Markets team selects the key questions from a comprehensive list with the answers to these questions posted on MNI Bullets after the lockup embargo is lifted.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.